Thursday 30 December 2021

More straightforward than I thought.....Beinn Odhar

Hill: Beinn Odhar (Dun-coloured hill)

Type: Corbett

Height: 901m

i took the opportunity to ascend this hill to break the journey when heading a bit further north. It is another hill that I have driven past so often that it was long overdue a visit. The weather forecast was to be blue sky good all day. There was a frost first thing but it had cleared by the time I was on the hill. Surprisingly against the forecast quite heavy cloud arrived by lunchtime but nothing to spoil my walk. 

It is the mini-me of nearby Beinn Dorain and is the first prominent peak as you exit Tyndrum. 

It is also a steep ascent to a pointed hill, a proper top although the going turned out to be a lot better than I expected and I made good time. Stunning views so pleased I stopped off for it. Only one other person on the hill with me.

Only disappointment was at the Green Welly. I was going to have their excellent Cullen Skink but the restaurant queue was unbelievable and I know how slow service can be. So off elsewhere for food, tourists are certainly back! 

View from Tyndrum

Bit hazy but cut off after bridge

Boggy at first

Drier nearer the top

Looking West a 3 Corbetts & a Graham in view

View NE to Beinn Dorain and the rest of the Orchy Munros

View North up Glen Orchy to the Black Mount Munros
 
Steep Beinn a'Chaisteil

Panorama west

Panorama north

Descending with view to Tyndrum with pointed Oss & Lui behind


Ascent: 731m

Distance: 8,0km

Time: 3.14

Wildlife: Raven; Robin; Chaffinch; Hooded Crow,

No comments:

Post a Comment