Friday 1 April 2022

Broomy Law

 Hill: Broomy Law

Type: Sub2k

Height: 426m

On my way to the eastern lands I stopped off for a quick up and down leg stretcher. Broomy Law is one of these hills that has you scratching your head as to why it is a categorised hill. In its defense it does stand alone and does drop off on each side, even if gently.

Broomy Law can be tackled from a any side but farm fields would be the norm not tracks. There is a potential route incorporating another Sub2k, Black Mount, where you could start/finish or both with calorie high breakfasts/cakes/pies food from the Big Red Barn. I was tempted but no time today.

Parking is a major issue from this side but I dumped the car, avoided colliding with very fast moving traffic to get on the track to Brownsbank Farm. I had to walk through the working farm and thought the farmer was going to getty iffy but he let me through.

After the farm there is a maintainance track that took me to the top. The reason for the track is that there is a lot of aerial stuff around here. I thought that there was a trig but none to be found. Decent views albeit the late afternoon light comprimised them somewhat. It was also windy and cold.

Back down without incident at the farm and another wee Sub ticked off.





Black Mount in distance


Tinto in the distance



A face only a mother could love


Ascent: 214m

Distance: 4.2km    

Time: 1.03

Wildlife: Woodpigeon; Carrion Crow


No comments:

Post a Comment